Family Ministry is the Process of intentionally and persistently coordinating a congregation’s proclamation and practices so that parents -and especially fathers-are acknowledged, trained, and held accountable as the persons primarily responsible for the discipleship of their children.
PARENTS WITH EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO IN YOUR MINISTRY
LEADERS IN CHURCH
- Telling-remind them they are responsible/accountable
- Training- teach how to do it
Time – give families time to do it (clear the church calendar)
PARENTS AT HOME
- Faith talk-weekly intentional time
- Faith walk-generic incorporations of faith in everyday discussion
- Faith process-continuously look towards progression in spiritual growth
- Families in faith-always adopt someone that is not being discipled by a parent.
For more information, please check out the upcoming book by Dr. Timothy Paul Jones:
|Family Ministry Field Guide: How Your Church Can Equip Parents to Make Disciples by Timothy Paul Jones