Every Christian Should Read These Books.
Yes, Every Christian.
I have spent several years now burdened with the joyous call to equip the Saints. That is one of the many duties of an Overseer (Ephesians 4:12-13). Therefore in a more intentional effort I have compiled a list in no particular order and that is by no means exhaustive to provide resources for the renewing of one’s mind (Romans 12:2-3) and that address fundamental issues for the Christian as they journey on this Earth as a part of the The Body of Christ. I heartily commend these works to you.
None of these are to intended or able to accomplish what only a heart-changing encounter with God’s Holy Word captured in an essentially literal translation of the Holy Bible can, but they are merely supplements. One for each month.
- Nine Marks of a Healthy Church by Mark Dever
2. The Trellis and the Vine: The Ministry Mind-Shift That Changes Everything – Collin Marshall and Tony Payne
3. What Is the Mission of the Church?: Making Sense of Social Justice, Shalom, and the Great Commission – Kevin DeYoung and Greg Gilbert
4. Instruments In The Redeemer’s Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change – Paul Tripp
5. 40 Questions About Interpreting the Bible – Robert L. Plummer
6. Christian Beliefs: Twenty Basics Every Christian Should Know – Wayne and Elliot Grudem
7. Tell the Truth: The Whole Gospel Wholly by Grace Communicated Truthfully and Lovingly (an evangelism manual on the message and methods of God-Centered witnessing for group or individual use) – Will Metzger
8. What is The Gospel? – Greg Gilbert
9. Knowing God – J.I. Packer
10. Suffering Well: The Predictable Surprise of Christian Suffering – Paul Grimmond
11. Spiritual Disciplines For the Christian Life – Donald S. Whitney
12. Here I Stand: A Life of Martin Luther – Roland B. Bainton