The Gospel at Work: Questions and Answers
The Gospel at Work recently hosted a panel discussion in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, with Mike Lee of Hope Community Church, Henry Kaestner of Bandwidth.com, Bob Doll of Nuveen Asset Management, and Albert Mohler of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. It was moderated by J. D. Greear of Summit Church.
In this hour-long conversation, these pastors and practitioners cover a variety of topics, including:
- How can pastors encourage and serve practitioners?
- Should our language about work-as-mission change?
- How can there be gain for the gospel as cultural Christianity disappears?
- How can we navigate what organizations we choose to work with?
- What are some ways that non-senior management employees can express their faith at work?
- How can we be thinking in redemptive terms about “winners” and “losers” in the business community as we have to deal with P&Ls and letting people go?
- Where can we find motivation to start again after we’ve failed professionally?
- What are some practical ways to prioritize family if we have jobs that require a lot of travel?
- What books can we read to help us think about these things more thoroughly?
If you’re thinking through any of these questions, their insights may be helpful for you.
HT The Gospel Coalition
<iframe src=”//player.vimeo.com/video/86523823″ width=”500″ height=”281″ webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen>